No problems, just Ideas and thoughts needed. OC A64 X2 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Lee

Anyway, I'm just wondering if my Overclock is anygood. I am just experimenting and I was able to overclock a Stock cooling A64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz to... this.

A64 X2 3800+ 2.3GHz load 46C idle Not sure but is under 40C.

System spec:
Cpu above
Asus A8N-E
Patriot 1g 2-3-2-5 (clocked at DDR 333)
7800GT OC @ 483/1215

My settings are: Cpu multiplier is 10x, HTT is at 4x, Cpu core is at 1.4v, FSB 230. my memory bus is 191MHz. Like I said my ram is at DDR333 instead DDR400. I had to Slow it down so I could increase the FSB(not sure if thats how it works, but it does work.) Need more info just ask and I will tell you what you want to know. Here is a picture of me using Everest to help,
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/Ichigo1174/Computer stuff/?action=view&current=Overclock2.jpg

I am just wanting to know if I am on the right track. I am currently sort of using this as a guide,
http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960
and,
http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Are these good to use? they seem to know what they are talking about.

Both are about the same but the bottom is more beginner friendly. I havn'y finished reading either. .... good news now If I screw like I did in the past, a new X2 3800+ is only going to cost me $80. ^_^

Well, now I have My A64 X2 3800+ Clocked at 2.4GHz on stock air cooling. I really need either A thermaltake extreme 120 cooling or sometype of water cooling system. I have thought of all the pieces that I want. I think it would work, but the total comes to about $470 most of the parts come from frozenCPU.com and Newegg.com. My Ram is on DDR266 I think, Memory bus is 160MHz and my FSB is on 240MHz (hence the 2.4GHz). Underload is 50C idle is around 37-38C. Imma either post my water cooling ideas here or in another thread.

Well, I guess this is no longer me asking for advice so this will be my LOG if you will, that away people can see what I'm doing. I now have an air conditioner in my winder (4 feet away from my PC) and I added a 120mm fan in the bottom 3 rows of 5.25 slots (where the dvd's and cd roms go) and my AC blow cold air to the front of my PC, so the 120mm take this fresh cold air and blows it directly to my stock AMD heatsink and fan. Because of my ac my tmeps are now 25C-27C idle and 37C load. And soon Imma get a Thermaltake 120 extreame with a silverstone 120mm fan (110CFM) and the stock heatsink then Imma clock my cpu to 2.7GHz or 2.8GHz or how ever high I can. Oh and also, I'm keeping my room cold. I can't wait for winter...lol

Ok, So now I have installed the Thermaltake Ultra extreme 120 with a Silverstone 120mm(110CFM) fan on it. (don't ask how I got it mounted because it not the right kind of fan to use) But I've added that and replaced on of the rear fans with a 80mm thermaltake fan (75CFM) So I now have 2 of them to pull the hot air out. I moved the old 80mm fan to the front where I removed my floppy drive(never used except like 3 times) and I will soon give some pics to show yaw.

So here is the listing:
Rear 80mm x2 (75CFM)
Front 80mm x3 (35CFM), 120mm x1 (106CFM) [Drive bay]
Side 80mm x1 (35CFM)
CPU Heatsink 120mm (110CFM)
Right beside mobo(near the south bridge) Is an old AMD stock fan that was on a heatsink um.... I think its 70mm (20-30CFM?)

I've put AS5 between the chip and heatsink.

Now My CPU is Clocked 2.7GHz, FSB 270MHz, HTT is 3x at 810MHz, Memory Bus is 180MHz Memory And my Vcore voltage is at 1.45v

Now Temps are Idle 26C, Load is 33C
Then my CPU was clocked at 2.4GHz the temps were 24C idle and 30C load.

If anyone has any questions or just want to talk about what I done, I'm on techspot most of the day everyday.

(Also, Is it okay that I'm doing this? I think it would be cool in case someone else with a 3800 x2 can sort of follow my steps or use my data to compare with theres.)

I use 120MM for the REAR air outtake, some PSU have 120MM extra cooling for the case those make good gamer or downloader boxes. Air flow coming in 80mm works good..The side or top could be used, but might be overkill. You could cut an opening on the size ane make it 120MM. Don't forget to clean the fan areas once a month as they do get full of dust...

Not only does these fans collect A LOT of dust, but my room has this weird dust thing were there is more than there should be. Or its just me. but I think imma have to clean these fans and such every other weekend, its cool for me. Imma have to borrow my girlfriends mother's camera to show yaw pics of my Computer.

Keep all PC's off the floor, and at least four inches or more above the carpet... more is better. Put a wood or other static proof floor beneath the computer. Spray a little fabric softener solution on any carpet nearby the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back