No Realtek driver been recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey here is my computer setup:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2
DirectX 9.0c.
MSI, AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+,VIA K8T800Pro.
768 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM).NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (128 MB).
hdd's: ST340012A (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100), ST380211 AS SCSI Disk Device (74 GB).
Drives: CD-RW CDR-6S48 (48x CD-RW),TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C (16x/48x DVD-ROM).

Right so i recently i was playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R then i went out the room came back in and my pc was restarting over and over so i disabled auto restart on system failure, Then ran tryed running safe mode but yet it still restarts after windows boots up no matter what I did. I did a full format get everything back working after hours of installing but then i go to play my favourite playlist on winamp and get an error. So i went into the device manager to find my realtek drivers werent there, Also on sound properties everything is greyed out like i have no drivers installed.I unistalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers v 401 but yet still nothing shows up on device manager and on sound properties. I still cannot find out what the problem is I have tryed everything please help! Thanks.

You listed your motherboard chipset but not the brand of the mobo. Abit, MSI?

Evidently, that chipset was used on more than one MSI board. I had to guess at the actual model. Click here for the possible page of drivers for your motherboard if I guessed right. If not, perhaps you can find it on MSI's website or you can tell me which motherboard model you actually have. Note that the Realtek audio driver version number has no resemblance to the version you stated earlier. This is why you need the MSI model number to be sure you are getting the correct driver.

Problem fixed. Somehow fail safe options had loaded up blocking out all sound and usb's everything working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back