No Score for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labuerkle

I ran the 3dmark03 three times with no luck. The first time I got now score for any thing, the second time it locked up and the third was exactly like the first time. Any clues to what went wrong?

I do have Directx9 installed and have the following,

AIW 8500DV
AMD 1.4
1 gig of memory (133):(

Larry

Score

Doesn't it test more then just DX9 and give our some sort of score regardless if you have a DX9 card. As for as I understand there are only couple card that have hardwire DX9 on them right now and that is the 9500 and 9700 ATI cards?

People have been posting the GF4 Scores and that doesn't have DX9 like the ATI 8500 cards.

Larry

well my thoughts

SCREW 3d mark!!!!!!! not worth the hassle to get a number to judge your vid card true - that does no truely apply to a real world usage!

(see article on main page)

Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment
well my thoughts

SCREW 3d mark!!!!!!! not worth the hassle to get a number to judge your vid card true - that does no truely apply to a real world usage!

(see article on main page)

LOL- you mean the Nvidia Press release statement that Tom's re-printed verbatim, that is getting taken apart point for point an every harware site on the web?

Granted, it's only a benchmark, and means no more or less than 3Dk01, but is has been unfairly assualted by Nvidia..simply b/c their new NV31 and NV34 DON'T support DX9, and will flop in this benchie. How great of Nvidia, releasing OLD technology, again....reminds me of the Geforce4MX.....

But I digress, back to the point at hand, I read the ttroubleshooting guide at Futiremark, it said to update your drivers to the most currect, the 3.1 CAT's, and disable ALL BAckground ap's...

If you want to purely test your video card use Quake 3. Its pretty old now I know "but" if you're wanting to test out the video card then it's not really limited by the CPU, at least not when you're using system near 2Ghz will you see the CPU limit performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back