No signal getting to my monitor.. Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that i'm not geting image on the monitor, it says "no signal". The problem is not from the monitor because it works in another computer.

It started happening after I changed several things in my computer. I have a Medion Titanium MD8383 XL that has a Nvidia Geforce 6610 XL. I changed the memory cards from two 258Mb to two 512Mb, and installed a new CPU cooler, Verax quattro I , and a new VGA cooler VF-700AlCu.

The new fans on the CPU and on the video card seem to be working.
I tried with the old memory cards and it still didn't work.
Where can the problem come from?

some aditional info: it seemed to work for some seconds the first time I turned it on, it had the windows loading image, afterwards it just lost signal.

I also tried to unplug the cpu fans but it still got no signal...

memory cards you refer to are RAM??

if you manualy pulled apart the hsf/processor for the video card (for the new cooler), then you may have damaged it.. try on a different machine to see if it still works...

try uninstalling ALL video adaptor drivers, then reinstall them.. otherwise, you can try resetting bios for starters...

wiggle the monitor cable around at the monitor and on the card/pc end.. also check if you can find a setting for the monitor to accept what frequencies...

DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING THAT COOLS YOUR CRITICAL COMPONENTS: like the cpu.. you have greater chances of damaging that thing

N3051M said:
memory cards you refer to are RAM??

if you manualy pulled apart the hsf/processor for the video card (for the new cooler), then you may have damaged it.. try on a different machine to see if it still works...

try uninstalling ALL video adaptor drivers, then reinstall them.. otherwise, you can try resetting bios for starters...

wiggle the monitor cable around at the monitor and on the card/pc end.. also check if you can find a setting for the monitor to accept what frequencies...

DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING THAT COOLS YOUR CRITICAL COMPONENTS: like the cpu.. you have greater chances of damaging that thing
Yes, and if it helps they're DDR SDRAM.

I tried to wiggle the cable, and it doesn't work. and the monitor doesn't seem to have a way to change frequencies accepted.

since the only other available computer doesn't have the same card type I'll try to find another machine to try the video card on during this week.

Any other way to identify the problem in the meanwhile?

try reinstalling the old memory. if it then works you know that either the memory you bought is either bad or is not compaitable with your set up. also make sure tht the video card is seated correctly and if it uses a 4 pin molex connector to the PSU that it is plugged in. as allready noted pulling off the heatsink may have damaged your video card.

one lesson you should take away from this is upgrade things one at a time. memory, then boot to make sure everything is working corrrectly, then video card, etc.

I am having the same problem with my monitor saying "no signal" right before the windows loader comes up. But I know my monitor (19 inch LCD Viewsonic) works because the signal goes through if I put it in SafeMode. At first I had a problem with my computer restarting all the time now I can't run the computer normally. And I'm pulling out my hair, and it not the connection. Please help all I want to do is play Quake 4. :(

My comp specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2 DELUXE
Processor: Pentium D
Videocard: BFG Geforce 7800 GT OC
Memory: 2 GB of DDR2
Power Supply: Enermax 485W

Try resseting your BIOS. Unplug the battery for 1-10 minutes and plug it back. I had to do that when I changed RAM. The PC wouldn´t display anything on the monitor.

Lady_croft:
Uninstall the card in the DEvice Manager. Reboot and let windows find it again.
Install the video driver again (not the window default one).

Cheers.

If you hav a platic slider to hold video card in place most likley it is the problem this is whit I found on my computer. Video cards run too hot to use plastic retainers and the plastic tab that pushes agnist the video card will melt letting video card droop in socket causing monitor signal loss. Replace with metal screws. problem solved . Waltrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back