No signal monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRJ

I get on the screen "Please Check The Signal cable" And I get NO BEEPS. HDDS are spinning. CPU fan running.

I read through another forum to find out what others have said and tryed and tryed a few of my own.

This PC i built hasnt been running yet. So can't see BIOS, nor can update any drivers.

Right now I only got the on Board Video card, since I haven't got any PCI express X16 card yet to fit the slot (I may get one when I get more money).

Here's what I tryed. Unplugging connector that connects the video card at the back of pc and repluging it, I tryed that a few times. Removing the the 2 RAM I had and tryed one of them at the time. PCI slots are empty at the moment. I tryed to only put the one HDD on my IDE Controler, instead of two. I cleared the CMOS (jumper). removed floppy cable.

You would think the MB would beep if there were an error, but it doesn't

Here are my spec:

ASUS MB P5GV-MX

CPU Pentuim 4, 3.20GHz

2 x 512MB RAM DDR

2HDDS (Master: Maxtor 6.4GB, works fine, Slave Maxtor (i think) 40GB)

1 Floppy drive.

15inch CRT monitor (working).

yes with no ram it beeps 3 times 1 long and 2 short and it repeat itself over and over again. so isnt the ram.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Pull the battery out or try moving the CMOS jumper. Read the motherboard manual for further instructions

Tmagic650 said:
Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Pull the battery out or try moving the CMOS jumper. Read the motherboard manual for further instructions

I didnt try the battery, did move the cmos jumper to clear it or reset it what ever it means. I thought the battery would do the same so I didnt do that.

There is nothing in manual to troubleshoot with.

This problem happen before on other pcs i had but it always gone away by it self by unpluging something and pluging it back.

Not sure what to do now.

check cables

NRJ said:
I get on the screen "Please Check The Signal cable" And I get NO BEEPS. HDDS are spinning. CPU fan running.

I read through another forum to find out what others have said and tryed and tryed a few of my own.

This PC i built hasnt been running yet. So can't see BIOS, nor can update any drivers.

Right now I only got the on Board Video card, since I haven't got any PCI express X16 card yet to fit the slot (I may get one when I get more money).

Here's what I tryed. Unplugging connector that connects the video card at the back of pc and repluging it, I tryed that a few times. Removing the the 2 RAM I had and tryed one of them at the time. PCI slots are empty at the moment. I tryed to only put the one HDD on my IDE Controler, instead of two. I cleared the CMOS (jumper). removed floppy cable.

You would think the MB would beep if there were an error, but it doesn't

Here are my spec:

ASUS MB P5GV-MX

CPU Pentuim 4, 3.20GHz

2 x 512MB RAM DDR

2HDDS (Master: Maxtor 6.4GB, works fine, Slave Maxtor (i think) 40GB)

1 Floppy drive.

15inch CRT monitor (working).

check the cable agine

"There is nothing in manual to troubleshoot with"...

I only meant to check the manual for the location of the CMOS jumper and it's correct settings

yes i check that, since i didnt know which jumper it was. I turn off the pc moved the jumper and then moved it back and try to restart again.

Ok I just tryed with another Monitor and it didnt work either.

it may be a power supply problem, please post the specs and brand of the power supply usually listed on the side of it

also u did plug in all the wires into the motherboard right?

yes i did, let see if i can read it off. BTW it came with the case.

Speed swithing power supply
Model: Speed 450 ATX (450W/max)
115/220V 10A/5A 60/50hz
+3.3 +5 +12, -12 -5 +5SB, BLK GRN GRY
28A 40A 18A 1.0A 1.0A 3.0A, COM P.ON PG

all power supply's that come with cases are usually bad news, many people have experienced this on the fourms (excluding antec or thermeltake) my guss would be that the powersuppy is to low for the system or the onboard video is dead, you can check by swapping the power supply with a known working one or getting a standalone video card

i wont get a new video card for a few months i dont think. those 512MB or 256MB PCI express are a little off my range of price i could afford at the moment. and there is no garanty it will work either. I wish I could just plug in my AGP video card in there.

As for PSU, I been trying to find something higher then 450W in stores here, but that's the highest i can find and that's what i'm running in my other pc. They dont usually last long.

I bought a new 465W PSU and that too didn't work.

I'm gonna try removing CPU and put it back in its slot again. After that i'm out of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back