Status
Not open for further replies.
Son has built with new equipment(has done several over the years, as have I):
Elite 915PL-A2 ECS mobo
Intel 915 Pentium IV LGA 775
Celeron D 3.4 Ghz
NVidia 8600 GeForce 6200-LE
512 MB Memory

At this point, all turns on and runs within the tower, but as others have noted on the board, the monitor(worked prior) has 'no signal' error..... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! All purchased within past few days at Tiger Direct, Durham, NC. I'm in Illinois and am his net link for now. Both flat screen and regular monitors have been tried to no avail. Thanks... D'Marie

I looked up that motherboard. It's not a new issue. Must have been produced a few years ago. Therefore, is this a new mobo out of the box? If so, go back and exchange it. It has a feature built in that enables it to run multiple displays according to the manufacturer. Either you are not operating that function properly...or it's a used board that has a video display (multiple) problem. I have never heard of a motherboard feature a video extra like that and know nothing about it. See if there's something in the handbook describing the multiple monitor display.

If you are using nVidia drivers after 163, there is a bug which causes the card to output a signal through the S-Video port by default. You may need to plug something into this port in order to setup the signal to the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back