No signal to monitor keybaord or mouse - desperate help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been powered on for the past few days and i came to check on some updates this morning to find that there was "No SIgnal" to the monitor, mouse or keyboard. Restarted, nothing. New power supply, nothing. Read somewhere it has to do with the battery on the motehrboard, have no idea what that even means.

When i turn my ocmputer on, the Num Lock Caps and Scroll flash ONCE then die out again. Fan works perfectly fine.. if someone is about to tell me to take out that magic battery on the motherboard can you please provide instructions on where its actually located, how it looks etcc.. as i found that some previous posts were not clear.

Please help! Have a project due in no time..

Update: When i turn my ocmputer on, the Num Lock Caps and Scroll flash ONCE then die out again. Fan works perfectly fine.. if someone is about to tell me to take out that magic battery on the motherboard can you please provide instructions on where its actually located, how it looks etcc.. as i found that some previous posts were not clear.

Sounds like a bad PSU or a dead motherboard. You replaced the PSU so...

Before totally giving up, you can try to do the battery thing. No need to remove it, normally there is a jumper nearby you can just reset the CMOS there, but since you don't even know where the battery is, perhaps we shouldn't have you go looking for that jumper. So just take the side panel off the case and look for a disk battery. It will be about the size of a quarter. Make sure the system is off, unplug it too. Then take out the battery, and turn the computer on (unplugged). Put the battery back in, plug the computer in, turn on.

If that doesn't work. Take out any unnecessary PCI cards, drop your RAM down to 1 stick. Try again.

Still no good, then you may want to check your heatsink is still properly attached to your CPU. If you remove it while checking you will need to reapply thermal paste.

Unfortunately, if you are needing all this done in a hurry you just won't be able to do it, especially if you don't know what you are doing. Perhaps its just best to take it to someone who does this for a living.

This is a perfect example on why you should never have any valuable data in only 1 location.

This was a link I had in the Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test guide :)

Edit:

Also stop making new threads !
I just removed another one of yours

Edit again

Wow Jay, so far we've:

deleted 3 threads of yours
Merged 2 posts
Merged 2 threads

And the last one was for Dell Bios jumper reset, on a whole new thread as a reply
You're on a roll ;)

I should state that if I need to delete one more post by you, I think we probably won't be able to help you anymore. I think you may need to seek help elsewhere, as it seems obvious that you are not sure how to ask for help here.

So how did you go with the "silver heat exchanger" all done now?
Glad we could help you with that at least :rolleyes:
I'll keep a close eye on you as soon as you login again, just to make sure all's ok :grinthumb (oh you're on now :) )

Have a nice day :)

SORRY, but i still could not reset my computer. Now no power at all exept two lights solid yellow on front A&C. once AGAIN big big bigtime sorry.

Glad to see you posted here :grinthumb

Instead of creating a New Thread in Windows OS that you were about to do ;)

Anyway I suppose the guide above didn't help? Did you read it?

You know looking at old 2005 threads probably won't help all that much ;)

It sounded like bad hardware from the start, I gave you a list of things to do and then kimsland gave you another link. If you've done all that it just doesn't look like the thing is going to come back to life. The hard drive probably did not die, so whatever data you need is likely still on it. You could put it inside another computer (as a secondary drive, not the boot drive) and try and retreive the information off of it.

mr. mall cop take a chill pill.. did you go to college to be a forum officer?i obviously needed help and wasnt sure how to work thisthing fromthe get to as i was on a deadline. i got my computer fixed from someone who knew what they wer doing thanks.

You mean you got this fixed:
No signal to monitor keybaord or mouse - desperate help
Wow that's way above me :haha: (not)

But thanks for letting us know what the fix was :confused: So all of the above help that was initially supplied, didn't help then?

Anyway if you do decide to reply back, make sure to let us know, it would be good to learn something new !

Oh, ideally reply here too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back