TechSpot

No signal to monitor, no power to keyboard or mouse.

By Hud462
Aug 10, 2005
  1. I am came home from work one day and the BSOD was on the screen. AFter that no signal to monitor, no power to keyboard or mouse. So i thought maybe the vid card was out so i put in a new one - nothing. So i replaced the motherboard battery - nothing. Need help, hard drive crashed? motherboard shot?

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Sounds like a mobo problem to me (assuming you're gettting some power to the motherboard).

Do you get any beeps when you turn it on? Are you fans spinning? Tell us exactly what happens when you hit the power button.

And more importantly, if you want some help you have to fill in your profile and tell us your system specs.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I couldhn't have said it better myself DonNagual, filling in your profile would help tremendously. Beforeoyu do that I(we) can't help you much further.

Do you have any situations that have brought upon this? New hardware/software installed?

ANY help yoiu can give is appreciated

Thanx...

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

4. duffguy

duffguy TS Rookie Posts: 201

same thing happened to me. when i turned on my computer the only things actually running were my fans. hard drive wanst spinning, no mouse or keyboard signals and no monitor signal. I had to get a new mobo and hd.

good luck :)

5. powderedtoast

powderedtoast TS Rookie

keyboard doesn't work

i have an old ibm with windows 3.1 when i turn the computer on the fan goes on along with the screen and it says

AMIBIOS (c) 1992 American Megatrends Inc.
    Commodore 486dx-33 BIOS version 1.01 391521-02
    003968 KB OK
    Wait........
    Kb/interface error or just keyboard error
    press f1 to resume

the computer will not go on into windows
    while the screen is going wait.... the computer goes beep beep
    anyone know what this means or how to fix it ??thanks

6. DonNagual

powderedtoast, we need to know more about your system before we can even guess what could be wrong, but here is a hint.

Do you have your user's manual for your motherboard? If not, go to the maker's website and download it. All motherboards have codes for those beeps, and are specific for certain errors. Your computer giving two beeps means something.

7. DonNagual

Same thing happened to me as well, only fans spinning but no HDD action no monitor signal, and the problem was simply that my ram came unseated from a move I had done. You just never know what the cause is for sure, until you go through the troubleshooting.

8. powderedtoast

powderedtoast TS Rookie

no user manual its probably to old to find a manual. the beeps clearly mean somthing i was wondering if anyone knew what they meant.when the keyboard is plugged in it is a kb/interface error but when unplugged its only a keyboard error? this mean anything ?? thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.