No sound at all! plz help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
somethings totally been wrong with my audio device. everytime i try to play music it shows me a message saying something like "there's no sound device or it may be in use by another program..etc.." i've tried almost everything. reinstalling.. troubleshooters.. etc. but still shows up to be the same problem. if anyone thinks they can help then pleaseeeee do.. i feel so helpless!
oh and for some reason i have 3 audio codecs in the device manager under sound, video, ... is that ok? or does it have anything to do with the problem? well i'll really appreciate it if my problem solves.. its abt time. =]

this is the error message i get on win media player:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

but i can still play videos just without any sound.. :confused:

and yeah i had been deleting a few things and i think i accidently deleted something related to the sound devices :rolleyes:

Hi Lisa01,
Take a look at this other post by another member. He had the same problem and I gave him a solution. I just don't feel like typing it all out again (sorry) :rolleyes: . This is the name of the thread.... directsound driver error
It should be right under your thread. Let me know if it helps you. If not, do you know if you have onboard sound (on your mobo) or is it a pci sound card?
Good luck and get back with us.

Hello lisa01 and welcome to Techspot.

Would you please take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

Now to your problem. If doing the system restore doesn`t work, you will need to reinstall your sound drivers.

If you have onboard sound, then you can get the drivers from your mobo manufacturers website.

If on the other hand, you have a separate soundcard, then you can get the drivers from your soundcard manufactures website.

If you`re not sure what soundcard you have, there is a link in the above post to the free Everest programme. This will give you lots of info about your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thnx guys for the help.. i reinstalled sound max and it was alright! i also upgraded the bios i dont kno if that helped as well but right after i reinstalled sound max it was working fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back