No sound but can't understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffia77

Hi hope you guys can help me with this.

I've got an integrated sound card (Realtek AC97) and I had to rebuild my computer over the weekend after I bought a new case.

Everything is working exactly as it was beforehand except I can't get any sound through my desktop speakers.

I've tried the speakers on another system and they work fine, so the problem is not there.

My system set up is such that I also play sound through my TV for when I watch from my computer and I can still do that which suggests its not the soundcard that's the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions what's happened?

Thanks

kimsland said:
Have you installed all the manufacture drivers and chipsets?

That would be the number 1 option

Yeah I've done that. I'm baffled because everything was working fine before I moved everything over into the new case, and indeed everything else is absolutely fine now, except for no sound.

I'm convinced I'm missing something obvious, but I've built a fair few computers and not had a problem in the past.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall the drivers when I get in tonight as it's what someone else has suggested to me to.

I just fail to see that could be the problem because everything was fine yesterday morning but not when I put it back together

why dont you try restoring the system to to an earlier time? but create a restore point at this time for you to be able to restore it back.

i believe there is an audio program for your speaker settings...use this to detect any signal coming from your audio card, especially if its 5.1 sorround etc...

Try going to device manager and roling back the driver for your sound... also just to be safe check your volume levels and make sure everything is turned up and nothing is muted search for hardware also make sure your mobo is picking up the speakers try puting in your backup disk for your audio ( the mobo disk, audio card disk, or the disk that came with your pc) going to add hardware in control panel it will ask you a question pick yes, it will search for hardware make sure everything audio has no errors if it does select it and use the disk to install/ repair it.
. I've had this problem a few times and theres a thread with all the things i've done to fix it check out this thread:https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34244&page=2 maybe it will help.

sorry for grammer or spelling its been a long day and i've had no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back