No sound from center speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just bought the Creative Inspire 5.1 P5800 speaker system. I've got a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital soundcard. I've plugged in all the cables correctly, changed my Windows sound system setting to 5.1 surround and did the same on the Creative Speaker system application. When i test the speaker through the creative speaker application, all 5 channels will output correctly but if i open up any other application for movies or music, the center speaker wont work. I've tried disabling my onboard sound chip (C-media), uninstalling codecs (heard AC-3 filters usually conflict with creative sound cards), and reinstalling all the creative sb live! drivers. That still wont make any difference. I'm wondering if the cause is because i had to connect the center audio cable (the orange cable) to the digital output jack of the creative soundcard (but thats where it's meant to be, so...?). Can anyone please help. I sold my Creative 4.1 4400 2weeks ago, and if the centre satellite of this P5800 wont work, thats real money wasted. My last option is to format, and reinstall everything properly but i doubt that's gonna work. HELP....... Thanks

u should use creative play center (bundle with creative driver) in the player itself, there is "omss" button (should appear after 5s) below the esc button. then turn the omss on..there u go..enjoy the fullest of your speakers functions.

tell me when its work

I believe the Center and your Woofer are one cable,, which needs to be plugged into the cetner/sub behin ur sound card !,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back