No Sound from ECS intergrated audio

By StriderXP
Mar 1, 2006
  1. I have just installed an ECS 661FX-M7 motherboard but I am getting no sound from the Realtex AC97 Audio. I have reinstalled the drivers that came with the board but there is still no sound.
  2. lewekleonek

lewekleonek TS Rookie Posts: 55

Let's assume that your speakers are working (you've tested them with some other source of sound recently), your mixer and output settings for onboard sound are correct (on-board cards have configurable outputs, e.g. 2nd speakers vs. line-in etc.). If all of the above is true, then check the following.
    - BIOS configuration for you on-board sound controller.
    - motherboard jumpers, which are used to short the pins on audio pin header (which is used to connect to the front case panel audio inputs/outputs). Verify this with your motherboard manual.
    Where did you get your sound card drivers from?
    What operating system are you using?
  3. StriderXP

StriderXP TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am using windows xp and i got the drivers that came on the installation CD for the motherboard. The jumpers for the front panel audio I/O are not in but are these needed if I plug my speakers in the back?

EDIT: I fixed the problem. You were right, it was the jumpers that were the problem. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.