No sound from MSI P6NGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkmgr

hello,
i recently put together a new system and am not getting any sound out of my computer. i installed the driver for sound, but still nothing. i also have a cable running from the front of the tower (headphone and microphone jack) to the audio spot on the board. i assume there is no other connection to be connected. anyone that can help??? TIA.....

do you see any yellow flags in your device manager particularly
on the Sound,video & game controller?

I had an MSI k7n2 delta before, it's audio port died after a year or so, I got it exchanged to solve the problem. Since your motherboard is new though I dont think that's the best solution. Try getting updated drivers, make sure theres no yellow question marks in device manager. Also does the motherboard have the nforce platform? If so you could try to download the nforce audio drivers from nvidia instead (i did that with my asus motherboard because i wasn't satisfied with the marvell drivers that come with it).

hey thanks for the replies. i found multiple yellow question marks and yellow exclamation marks. i uninstalled the drivers and went to the nforce platform drivers and downloaded. i now have sound!! thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back