No sound from onboard sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazmon

my friend has a Biostar NF61V Micro AM2 motherboard and theres no sound.

Tried the speakers works fine with psp.

tried drivers from both the usa website and the taiwan website.

has this error when installing, so I'm wondering if it could be because of this.

“Microsoft Bus Driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio Driver"

the front audio ports are not working too. and onboard audio has been enabled in bios too.

thanks.

Have you installed everything from the motherboard cd?
Its asking for the bus driver (low level driver), before you even consider installing the audio driver.
It should just be a simple install if you can locate it, either on the cd or online.

k.jacko said:
Have you installed everything from the motherboard cd?
Its asking for the bus driver (low level driver), before you even consider installing the audio driver.
It should just be a simple install if you can locate it, either on the cd or online.

yea installed. alot of people seems to be having this problem when i search for it but no one has a solution which really solves it. ican't locate the microsoft bus driver in the cd or online.

ok found out the problem. the guy who fix his comp plug in the HD AUDIO instead of the AC'97 onto the motherboard. can't figure out whats the hd audio for anyway now. however still can't update to latest driver because of the 'loading microsoft bus driver error' but my friend isn't having too much fuss about it since the sound came back.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/en-us

4 diff ones depending on OS/sp level

I'm guessing that you have XP or before
'In Windows Vista, Microsoft will include UAA driver support for HD Audio codec and bus controller devices that meet the UAA requirements. In addition, Microsoft will provide versions of these UAA drivers that can be installed in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.'

A High Definition Audio device complies with the Intel High Definition Audio specification. A High Definition Audio device connects to the PCI bus or to the PCI Express bus. A High Definition Audio device can reside on an internal audio card, or the device can be part of an integrated motherboard chip set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back