No sound from system or internet; all else okay

By stix*man
Mar 27, 2008
  1. Hi, I recently had my computer worked on because the power supply had gone out. Ultimately, I ended up getting a new case (the original was too small) and a new back-up hard drive. Nothing else was modified. When I brought it home and plugged it all in, everything is fine except for the sound - and that's only in certain instances. For instance, sound works fine when I'm playing a cd and also when I play songs stored on my hard drive. However, none of my mouse clicks or system sounds are providing sound and I don't get any sound when I view something on the internet, for example, You Tube.

Can you help? Not sure what other information I need, but it seems the OS is an important factor, so... I am running Windows XP.

Thank you!
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Waiting for specs ...
  3. stix*man

stix*man TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've posted my system specs (hopefully correctly...) I had my computer built, so I'm not running a specific proprietory computer.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Please click here:
    And then select the big Click Here button (you may need to be running Internet Explorer)

This will tell you your model, and also give you your drivers (and audio drivers) to download and install

Please test, and update system specs if your model can be any more specific.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.