No Sound- HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

codez13579

My sound for my pc is not working. Please Help!

Story:
The night before yesterday my pc sound was working. I was watchin Ninja Scroll- I have 2 HD at this point. Yesterday, I bought a HD and installed it. My friend also gave me his HD. I turned off the PC and installed the two HD. put PC on and everthing is ok- but i didnt chk sound yet. I started to move documents off my OS HD to the other 3 HD. after I was done i tried to play some songs. I got nothing. I tried to play some movies too N still nothing. I do not have a speaker card, I run the sound off the motherboard.

What I did:
I check the speakers by pluging them into my PSP- it works I can hear music from it. On the PC, I went to device manager and found NO exclamation marks or red marks. I went to the bios and load the defaults set-up. NO CHANGE. I then unistalled the soundMAXdrivers and reinstalled the soundMaXdrivers still nothing. I unpluged the power to 3 HD-NO CHANGE (only left the OS HD pluged in). I updated the BIOS, still no cigar. windows is up-to-date.

Sys:
P4C Nothwood -3GHz
P4C800-E Deluxe
2x512mb ddr- Kingmax
geforce fx5200
WD 200gb sata (OS-WINXP), WD 250gb ide, Segate 320gb sata, Ibm 60 gb ide
Antec Sonata 380 Watt

More info if needed:
The antec case comes wit a front speaker line out and mic line out (audio ports). it also comes wit two usb ports and 1 firewire port. i unpluged the usb and firewire ports. wen i do plug in the audio ports - i can very vaguely hear sound from the mic line out through my IPOD headphones. (no sound from audio/ speaker line out). i get NO SOUND watsoeva from the motherboard audio ports.

I unpluged everthing from the motherboard except the floppy, 2 optical drives, one HD-WINXP OS, case fan, 380watt pin, and ram.

STILL NO SOUND

Look in your mobo manual for front panel audio, it should show 2 jumper caps fitted as a default setting. Try that setting to see if it works!!!!

i have a sound max audio devoce on my mobo. i want to play sound off that. the sound on the front panel is not needed.

The 2 jumper settings i referred to route the audio to the front panel an back again so that the back audio will cut out when headphones are inserted. Without the jumper settings on the audio will not get to the back panel, they have to be in place in order for your back panel sockets to work at all!!!!

Have a look in your mobo manual under "front panel audio connector" and it will explain all!!!!

Have you checked all the basic stuff?

1) Look in BIOS for the off chance you might have accidently disabled the onboard audio. Probably not the case since you could hear sound a little from the mic line out (im assuming you mean line out).

2) Have you checked the volume control and verified that you have the mute off on volume and wave, and both sliders are turned all the way up?

oki i looked in the manual N i do not find anything regarding front audio panel. kill factor x, i cmos my bios, and i checked all the vol controls, devices and all, still nuthing. any suggestion.

If you play a song in winamp, do the graphic equalizer bars move?

When you say you uninstalled the sound drivers, do you mean you used an uninstall program from the start menu or driver folder, or did you delete the entry for the onboard audio from the device manager? If you haven't deleted the entry from the device manager, try that, reboot, and it should redetect.

prob is fixed. i mistakenly changed the audio output to digital from analog. i just it back to analog N the sound now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back