No sound! help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi wehn i play any sound i will get a message saying "bad direct sound driver" and that i need to install the driver which i thought i have but doesnt seem to be working!

I have an inbuilt soundcard in my Jetway polaris 400 via kt400 motherborad. The information on my soundcard is:

CMI8738-6ch pci

i am running windows XP

any oter information please ask as i would like my sound back thanks!

Insert your Drivers CD. Right click My Computer click Properties. Select the Hardware Tab click on Device manager.

Do you see anything with a Yellow circle and exclamation mark? Probably will be your sound/audio devices.

Right click there and click update driver. The rest is straight forward. It should autodetect the drivers from your CD and begin the update. Do that for all the sound/audio devices with an exclamation mark next to it.

I have tried this but when it tries to update it says " couldnt find a better match software currently installed" but still has the yellow circle and exclamation mark

You could always download and run PC wizard just click top left under where it says latest version and download install and run that then have a look at audio devices and find what driver/souncard is needed then go to www.driverguide.com and join up for free and get your missing driver for free.

i have this problem with my ventrillo and itunes..

ok what i do is check to make sure the card is there and updated then if thats bad i restart then go into the sound divice thing under control panel and set the stuff to default apply and then set them to what i want... and there is the problem that i feel makes me look stupid i plug the speakers into the mobo and not the sound card der.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back