TechSpot

No sound in Half Life.

By vegasgmc
Sep 19, 2004
  1. I get the audio when the game loads and when Im doing the configuration but sound stops as soon as the game starts. All other games play fine. This is on my back up machine with Windows 2000 Pro and SB Live 5.1, Biostar nForce 2 board.

2. LaYkE

LaYkE TS Rookie Posts: 20

Try upgrading your drivers and Direct X especially.

3. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 103

I had the same problem using a soundblaster live 5.1, to solve the problem I went into the windows control panel and told my computer that I had normal stereo speakers (i.e. disabling 5.1 sound) seemed to work fine after that.

4. Uncle Humjaba

Uncle Humjaba TS Rookie

does this mean that HL2 doesn't support 5.1 sound?

5. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,764

That post was for Half Life 1.

6. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 103

Oh ok, well I had my problem with half life 2... half life 1 has been working fine with sb live 5.1

7. Troglodyte

Troglodyte TS Rookie

I have the same problem with Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    And Counter-Strike: Source neither has sound :(
    If anyone knows the solution, please, write me an e-mail: troglodyte@vipmail.hu

8. Troglodyte

Troglodyte TS Rookie

9. tronstorm

tronstorm TS Rookie

For all the people with a sound blaster live!

To play half-life 2 with four speaker and 5.1 sound in the sound blaster live! soundcards, you need some new drivers... not the ones from creative, i´ve found some third party drivers that rocks!!!! they are full of options and full 5.1 suport. Go to this website and download.

kxproject,lugosoft,com

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.