No sound in Vice City/no audio hardware message

DevilDevansh

I actually found out the solution to this problem.
Well, one that worked for me at least.

In the GTA: VC folder, if you have a MS-DOS Batch file named "TecAudio", right click on it, click on edit, and delete the line that says something like "startw wav2raw".
Not "del start2.exe", and not "del wav2raw.exe", but just that first part. It should be right under the part that says "Please Wait - Processing Main AudioFile".
Once that's deleted, run the TecAudio file.
Once it's done start the game.

***Important: the file must show up in the folder in windows xp or lower.
BUT on Vista or 7 first open the VC folder and then see always there is a search box on the top. Type 'TecAudio'.A list of searches will appear ,right click on the first and select edit rest is described as above.
Enjoy the sounds ;)

Just for your ease I have written this in a very simple way so if you can't figure out what I have written,well then you are a useless chap :p

if it proves helpful don't forget to say thq, I mean it took me 3 hours to make it.:D

By the way the above method dosen't work for downloaded games**.Cause in the original games the problem is with incompatiblity with 64 bit windows. But in the pirated one the audio files are actually corrupted(even though the files may show incompatibility error).
So editing the SFX.wav will not work*.As a matter of fact after doing the below stuff SFX.wav gets deleted.;)

Do this :-
1.Download GTA Mariad Islands.
2.Merge the Mariad's 'Audio' file with GtA VC's Audio file.
3.When asked for permission to replace files select 'keep both files'.
4.Do not be afraid of the fact that many files have been deleted without even asking you. Windows deletes them cause they are corrupt.
5.What are you waiting for FIRE UP THE GAME. Even the audio settings are available now. **Most people habe the downloaded one. *Do not believe in those Youtube videos. They are ****.:D

Please don't post anything to support the known pirated versions of the game here.

Back