No sound in You Tube

By circusboy01
Oct 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I can't hear videos in You Tube. I get sound in Real Player, In fact all the videos I watch on real Player I downloaded from You Tube using YTD. In fact I just downloaded a song while it was downloading there was no sound. But. when I went to Real Player to listen to it there was sound .I also still get sound in Hulu Plus and Netflix.
    I'm using a Lenovo IdeacenterK300 I listen to my music through 2 external speakers and a sub- woofer. I checked all the connections, and everything was okay. Later, after I found out Real Player had sound I realized connections couldn't be the problem . Can someone please figure this out for me? Thanks.
  2. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 135

Try clearing your browser data thats what I had to do
  3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 804   +9

How do I clear my browser? I ran CCleaner, and SpywareBlaster before I posted my problem.
  4. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,096   +223

SpywareBlaster just keeps nasties out. Try clicking History & in the drop down menu click Clear Recent History. If that don't do it, go to Tools>Option>Advanced Tab> See attached.
    CLEAR IT.JPG
  5. circusboy01

Cleared Browser history in both my brewsers. Still no sound.
  6. learninmypc

Clarify something please, IS the volume in Youtube turned up? See attached
    Volume.JPG
    LookinAround likes this.
  7. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

I noticed the same "no sound on Youtube" problem last night. I cleared browser, checked computer sound, re-installed flash to no avail. Then I saw your post. Sure enough, it was the Youtube sound that was turned off! Thx :)
    learninmypc likes this.
  8. circusboy01

Do you really think I didn't, already, check something as simple as that? If that's what you think then...
    You are exactly right ;0) That was the problem. Thanks
  9. learninmypc

You're still funny. Glad ya got it done. :0)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.