No sound, new drivers didn't work. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new computer but I have no sound... Here are my specs...

Windows XP
ECS ELitegroup 755-A2 motherboard with on board Audio
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Radeon 9600 XT 256MB
160 GB HDD
512 MB RAM

Now I have tried deleting the sound drivers and the reinstalling them and that does not work. I have went to the elitegroup website and downloaded their drivers, they have been unsuccessful as well. I have no exclamation points in my device settings so I have no idea what to troubleshoot now.... Please help. Thank you in advance!

have you connected the card with all necessary cables to the mobo or the devices? make sure your sound is not disabled from bios or from windows. check to see if the sound is not muted. if its on board, it could mean that you have to reposition some jumpers. i had to on my gigabyte to get the 6.1 to work without sounding like 2.1

ECS ELitegroup 755-A2

Windows Xp Sp2
I have ECS ELitegroup 755-A2
Sound onboard

I currently have the same problem, i just encountered it right after i installed Windows Xp Sp2 from scratch, I didnt have that problem when i updated the version from Sp1 to Sp2. I install the drivers from the Original Cd that the motherboard came w/. And Also tried to installing a new driver downloaded off ECS ELitegroup official website. When installing either driver i get a pop-up stating that the driver had not passed the Microsoft Certification (test or something) and tell me that it could harm my computer sooner or later, i continue w/ installation.
I have come up w/ my resolution that the drivers are not SP2 compatible. I'll have to format my pc, and reinstall win Xp, then, sp1, then sp2.

( no problems were found in the Device manager, sound onboard is enable from cmos, windows, and i can see the realtec'97 found in Control panel (add/remove programs).

if anyone finds the "real problem" i'd like to know. xapatista@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back