No sound no matter what

By Tamara Paul
Nov 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
    Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.
  2. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,213   +200

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.