No Sound On My Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

acergirl

I have no sound on my computer, however once in a while i'll hear it beep.
In my device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Multimedia Audio Controller. I've tried updating and re-installing the driver but it won't work.
Under sounds and devices it says 'no audio'.

When i go to Volume Control it shows me a message saying "There are no mixer devices available. To install mixers, go to Control Panel, click the Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware." Of course this did not work.

HELP!?

[ I have an Acer Aspire 3624WXMI // Windows XP]

No Sound On My Laptop!!!

There is no sound coming from my laptop (acer aspire 3624wxmi), but video works fine.
My computer is saying i have no audio device and everything in device manger is good except for the multimedia audio controller which has a question mark.
I don't have any cds, everything came with the computer. I don't know much about computer technically so I need help. So can anyone please tell me what I need to know to fix the problem and how to find out what I need to know. PLZZZZZZ!!!

No Sound On My Laptop!!!

someone plz help me. i posted a thread yesterday with no reply...
i dont know much about computers technically so please be patient and help me in the simplest way... :confused:

i have no audio on my laptop. videos work fine. it says i have no audio device. in my device manager everthing is fine except where it says Multimedia Audio Controller, it has a yellow exclamation point in black text.
i've tried re-installing, updating the driver, deleting it and restarting my computer but it just doesn't work.

my laptop didn't come with any cds, everything came with the laptop. plz help me!!! :(

:(

i went to the website but of course i dont know WHAT to download. too many options. nothing that says audio or sound card or sound. i dont know what to do. its an acer aspire 3620.

can someone else help me????

Calm down dude ....help is on the way...

the good thing is that you've got your model number straight...
the options that you see on the site are symply links to the full driver CD ,
they are not going to simply place a driver link for the sound only , its the hole thing or nothing. basically you download the hole cd.

the exclamation sign means unable to locate proper driver.
just download the files , extract them in a folder , then target that folder using
windows hardware update wizard.

*you first go to my pc and right click on it.
*select properties.
*then hard ware.
*device manager.
*select your card by double clicking on it.
*click on the drivers tab.
*then select update driver.

this will activate the windows update driver wizard.

*select obtain driver from specific location.
*target your folder with the already extracted inf files.
*and thats it ... let windows do his magic.

If your running WinXP, have you tried doing a system restore back when the sound was working? Also in device manager there's a way to 'rollback' to a previous software driver, of course if you already installed in another driver the driver that was working prior to the problem ever happening is long gone. If that has happened your best bet is to system restore to a date before the problem occured. try that and let us know what happens.

EDIT: I googled for your sound driver and i came upon this:

http://www.driverstock.com/Acer-Aspire-3620-driver-download/4-21-12856-93759/index.html

I'm not exactly sure if thats your driver but it does say Aspire 3620. I'm really dumbfounded that a measly sound card driver can be as big as 20MB. I'm hearing some major bloatware in that app. :haha:

I'm assuming that you still have Windows XP Pro installed, so let us know if you don't. First click here and then choose Aspire 3620 and then click "Get Drivers list in PDF Version" button. The PDF file will download and then you can open it with Adobe Acrobat. Scroll down to Realtek Semiconductor AC'97 Audio Driver v5.10.0.58.30 Windows XP and click the link, or you can get the first updated driver dated 2007/15/10 from the sound chip manufacture here

I'm assuming that you still have Windows XP Pro installed, so let us know if you don't. First click here and then choose Aspire 3620 and then click "Get Drivers list in PDF Version" button. The PDF file will download and then you can open it with Adobe Acrobat. Scroll down to Realtek Semiconductor AC'97 Audio Driver v5.10.0.58.30 Windows XP and click the link, or you can get the first updated driver dated 2007/15/10 from the sound chip manufacture here

This is the option that you must select on the aspire site.
Realtek Semiconductor AC'97 Audio Driver v5.10.0.58.30.

'' N!SUNG , i dont think that he was messing with the system tools... based on his thread i think he just installed
Windows and he is trying to get his sound card back back on his feet ,, but then again i'm just guessing ''

**Dude you need to give us more info if you expect our
help to be more precise**.

What is your windows?
What have you tried so far to fix the problem?
What is the pc telling you?
What have you downloaded from the site?

I'm giving you Tips assuming that you are working under WinXp.

Thanks So So So So Much Bushwhacker. This Problem Has Been Solved =) Ur The Best!

How Do U Delete This Thread? Lol

Its the typical answer you hear from people that have solved there problem but never says how they did it. :D Its greatly appreciated how you solved the problem acer, that way when others goes upon this thread like google searching they'd be able to see how this problem was solved. Many times I've used google to try and find an answer to something. Most of the time I find others having the same problem as I am HOWEVER when they solve it they just say: "I SOLVED THE PROBLEM THANKS BYE! :wave: " lol If its possible plz post your resolution on how you solved it acer, it can help others that are having the same problem. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back