No sound, only beeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
i have never been in a forum before so i will get down to what is my problem my computer has no sound only the "beep". I go to system property and hard ware where it tell me that the multimedia audio controler is no configered correctly. it ask me to insert disc and I don't have that disc . the computer did not come with that disc . what do i do????????????:eek:

What are the specs of the computer (i.e. Dell Dimension, Sony Vaio, etc).

thank you very plenty

my computer is a clone were i come from it is best to buy a clone because the brandname computers are good but wen something goes wrong you have to buy a brand name for the computer it will cost you a arm and a leg. but my computer is a intel celeron2.13GHz . it is slow but i gets the job done

I would say, first thing to check is your drivers. Find out what make your sound card is, and check out their website for the latest drivers, and if its an on-board, then go to your motherboard makers site. Best of luck.

Yeah your drivers must be updated every now and then because one time I had a problem like you but I had to go to my Sound card site and get the fresh driver

If you tell me what the soundcard is I can help you with the driver update

Oh also.. Welcome to Techspot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back