No Sound, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Windows Live Messenger for a while now and i have loved having it.
Recently i upgraded my Live Messenger to the: Version 2008 (Build 8.5.1302.1018)
And ever since i upgraded to this the sound on my computer has gone.
I have Windows XP.
Can anyone please help? :(
xxx

Look in the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow asterisks in the list. Come back and tell us what you found...

The Device Manager is in Control Panel, System, Advanced

Take that "new build" off and go back to the one that worked. Sometimes the newest isn't always the one that is right for your situation. Maybe you can choose a 'system restore' point that will date your registry to a time before you downloaded this. I have found that the 'system restore' function in Windows is often overlooked by folks: and especially not 'maintained' properly. To me this means: each day when you boot up, go to 'sys. rst'r. and be sure that there is always a nearby restore point (safety net). System restore doesn't do us much good if all of the dates available are too far away. Ceate a restore point before any software change or upgrade. Also, once you run into a restore point that 'won't work'.....you have to turn sys. res. off to clear it. Turn it back on. Then create a first new restore point. Keeping Go Back in shape is a life-saver.

Try reinstalling your multimedia drivers.

They are machine & o/s dependent.

Why they got screwed up / over written is a mystery to me.

Perhaps Nodsu can help.

Mad-moo00: We will need the brand and model of your PC to provide the drivers for you.

If you would like to go find them yourself, go to your PC manufacturers website (HP.com, Dell.com etc), look for a "Support" or "Drivers" link. Search for your PC and navigate to the downloads page, download and install the sound drivers and your problem will be no more :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back