No Sound... SB Audigy zs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i have soundblaster audigy zs and windows vista ultimate. I have downloaded the new vista 32 bit drivers for my sound card and everything looks like it is working but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I have tried them in each input/outputs and the only noise i get is when i plug the speakers into the digital out put, it gives me that "snow" sound. I have looked in my preferences and my administrative settings and everything works perfectly. My music plays and everything but i dont hear any sound. I have an xfx 650i ultra motherboard... which i turned the onboard sound off, for the soundblaster, but nothing seems to be making it work.

specs:
2 gigs G skill ram... dual channel
xfx 650i ultra
pentiumd 805... 2.66 ghz clocked to 3.2 (vigor monsoon tec cooler averages 32 degrees celcius)

soundblaster audigy zs pci
msi 8600 gts factory overclocked pci express 16x video card
320 gig hard drive
vista ultimate... updated
lite on cd/dvd burner
corsair 520 watt psu

Have you gone to "device manager" and looked at the sound status there? Make sure your card is listed. Have you disabled the integrated sound? Might help. Also check in on the "sound devices" icon in control panel.

of course... i have unstalled and reinstalled drivers... checked the device manager and its working... changed pci slots, im just not sure why it wouldnt put out sound... it worked on vista before, but maybe i should use my old driver lol... I did have to use media source and change the audio to put out through the analog instead of the digital outputs... i will try that but that might be the only last chance before i go to my onboard sound.

Thanks for reading and looking into this, I have been through all the threads and all the other ones just seem to be them or the card.

I have tried this in another computer as well and it works!

Computers are supposed to be so tech./predictable/they are not. What should really work does not. what is a shot in the dark...works. Good Luck.

See if this works, go to:
start/all programs/creative/creative audio console
see if you can do anything there
I just picked up the SB Audigy SE a couple of days ago and downloaded the Vista drivers. It seems this control panel was added supposetly for Vista but I got the cheap card and that really doesn't do anything for me. How I got my sound to work was to click the speaker icon in the notification tray and set up the speakers that way so at least I have sound. The creative icon in the notification tray is of no use, it says either my device isn't detected or is incapatable. I guess all this new driver for Vista did was enable you to get sound and that's about it until another update which they're working on.

i have tried everything from reinstalling the drivers and testing the card again and still nothing. The creative console says its working and my speakers on my right taskbar shows that they work, but im getting no out signal... except the digital one.

When i take my speaker cable out of the aduio out... it gives me a little buzzing sound when it touches metal... but sometimes it doesn't do that and then when i put it back in and take it out again it will do it.

lol i really dont feel like taking the card out please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back