No sound

dil diwana

I have hp pro 3500 computer with windows 10 pro software. 450 gb. hard drive.

My sound was working ok till yesterday but it is not working now. I tried checking all cables but was not able to solve the problem, Can you send me step by step instructions to locate the problem and fix it.
4gb of ram

Last edited:
This might work... Right click 'speakers' icon, click troubleshoot, click open enhancements button, reset default.

This might work... Right click 'speakers' icon, click troubleshoot, click open enhancements button, reset default.

I tried your suggestion but it did not fix the problem, still there is no sound. If I put my ear next to speaker then I can hear little bit. Very gental sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried your suggestion but it did not fix the problem, still there is no sound. If I put my ear next to speaker then I can hear little bit. Very gental sound.
Right, that is the other thing which the update did...it reduced volume to zero even though I had not touched the volume controls---try setting everything to zero and the doing a reset defaults.... the other time I used earphones on the jack in front and that reset it. I think Microsoft has some kind of bug here with updates... so keep trying.

Can you send me the step by step instruction to do followings:
How do I set everything to zero?
What and how do I reset default?

Can you send me the step by step instruction to do followings:
How do I set everything to zero?
What and how do I reset default?
Set to zero - volume adjustment wherever you may find it... I have one on the speakers, one in the lower right icon
Right click on speakers icon, click on troubleshoot, run troubleshoot until you can access enhancements then click restore defaults

Restore details was click, ran trouble sound problem,
Set zero could not find set zero, I will keep trying to find set zero.
Yesterday I was able to find set zero but to day I can't find it. will keep searching and will keep you posted.

Earphone on the jack in front works. but still there is no sound coming out of the speakers.
earphone in front works - this resets speakers in back - remove earphones from front and then adjust volume for speakers - that adjustment is in at least 2 places - I do not know where specifically, but one should be the speakers icon on the task bar at bottom right of screen and the other should be a mechanical or electrical adjustment on the speakers or amplifier

Back