No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all very new to me. I'm not even sure that I'm using the message board right!

Here's my problem. We have no sound. Yes, the speakers are turned on. I don't know much about the "guts" of my computer but can find out anything you need to know if you tell me how. We are running Windows XP.

I went to the Device Manager and the only thing that looks amiss is a big yellow question mark/exclamation point over "Multimedia Audio Controller". When I check its properties it says "There are no drivers installed for this device. Code 28" There are six items listed under "Sound" on the Device Manager, but they say they are working properly. When I open the "Sound and Audio" icon under Control Panel, the first tab is for Volume. It says "No Audio Device". When I try to test a sound, I get an error message.

So far, this is all I know. Please help! I have four angry kids waiting to use the computer!

Thank you,
r

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report.

This will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back