No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just moved to a new house. Kept the same computer and all the hardware. It is an emachines and we just bought it new last March. At first i thought the problems were the speakers. When we try to play a file or cd it says it can't open because the program is in use by another program. There is no speaker icon anymore either.

I went to control pannel and it says there is no device installed. It says my sound cards are installed and working properly. I tried switching usb ports and it still didn't work. What do I need to try next? I really don't think its the speakers execpt they don't seem to be installed anymore.

The speakers normally plug into the GREEN connector.

It mighht be worth trying to go to the EMachines site and download your chipset drivers and audio drivers and install them in that order.

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html

The 'speaker] icon in the task bar is a volume comtrol icon - should be able to restore it from Control Panel, Sounds and Audio (assuming XP OS).

You could also do a system restore to a point when it was working. You can always undo it if that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back