No Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznn3rd

After installing a EA430W PSU and a 3850, my graphics have gotten a huge boost but I seem to have lost my sound. In the device manager, I can see "High Definition Audio Device" and I have just updated the drivers. Also, the properties says that it is working properly. Any solutions?

You just updated the sound drivers?
Was the driver correct for the sound device you use?

Maybe going back to the older driver to see if it will work....

It says the drivers are of the most up to date version, and I can't roll back to a previous version. BTW, I didn't update drivers until after I discovered the issue with no sound

It may be just a matter of re-loading the sound drivers.

If you are unsure how to do this
Download System Specs, you can also add these details to your Profile)

We would also need Windows version, but just updating your Profile will work.

With that information, we will usually be able to give you a direct link to your, presently unknown, sound driver

Well done (and quick too)

Is this a HP computer ?
If so go HERE and click on "Start Detection"

Sadly even though your motherboard is listed as Narra2, this could still be many types of computers. Is there any Manufacture or model number on the computer ?

Windows Vista

Please go to THIS page and confirm that this is the driver that you have installed
(Note: this is Windows Vista 64 Bit sound driver)

You may want to re-update your Profile:
Remove: NT6.0 Build 6000 and add Vista 64Bit

Also for Motherboard Remove: Narra2 and Add: HP a6110n

Sorry in that case: use THIS link

Update profile accordingly Vista 32bit (sorry didn't check your profile if you had already, and I can't inside this message)

This was the driver that I had installed. However, for some reason my driver date says 6/21/06. And after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, it still doesn't work

For some reason when I look at the sound app, it only displays HDMI device (which I don't think I have) instead of speaker or headphones devices. Also, the computer doesn't respond when I plug in headphones into the jack.

Some of these Sound issues, can be very difficult (as you can see)

Try removing all sound drivers from starting the computer in Safe mode, going to Device Manager, and remove all sound devices. You may also need to go to add/remove software in Control Panel, and remove any/all sound driver installs.

Once the computer is cleaned from all the current sound drivers, then re-install the new sound driver (32bit) again

Also I note that your system specs are now ok

I tried that, but I still ended up with HDMI for some reason. I'm pretty sure HDMI has to do with my new 3850, but I don't know how to get rid of it and replace it with my original sound settings.

Start->Control Panel->Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio

(you are better to view control panel in Classic view for this)

Confirm that your sound is set to Realtek High Definition Audio as default

The problem is, Realtek HD is not available as a choice. It seems like I can only uninstall it and not use it

I've had a look around using Google and found your exact issue on many boards, but after reading them all, I have not found anything that fixed it. Except one user said they bought another sound card to fix it !

We may need some more member posts here, for extra input

Thanks for your help, kimsland and sipsoh. I have finally discovered the solution. For those who still need help, I went to the BIOS and enabled onboard audio. Then I installed the drivers and I got my sound back!

Well done

Such a simple thing. Which I have mentioned hundreds of times (on other posts), and always checked in the past.

But I didn't mention here because I didn't release that installing a program could cause bios to change. (Although a video card was installed too.

I should've mentioned this.

Glad you found the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back