No sounds. What drivers for 'integrated soundcard'?

By Bailey
Sep 11, 2005
  1. Hello,

I just bought a brand new HP computer. Since i didin't want to use the XP home edition and all the clutter HP installs by default i reinstalled it with Win XP PRO.

Now everything works except devices under the header "Other devices". Wich are:

Ethernet controller
    Multimedia audio controller
    Multimedia controller
    SM Bus controller
    Universal serial bus (USB) controller

I don't know what these all do but i do know i have no sound on the PC. I think i need to download drivers but wich? Also i think it's best to fix all the faulty devices. See below for my pc specs

Help much appreciated

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

Go HERE and enter your model numbers etc. You should be able to find the drivers you require. Don`t forget to install your chipset drivers as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Bailey

Bailey TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. I fill in the rest of the info soon.

I've been able to install the sound and the chipset. Thanks :)

Now i still need

Ethernet controller
    Multimedia controller
    Universal serial bus (USB) controller

I don't know wich software i need to download to fix this...
  4. redmistpete

redmistpete TS Rookie Posts: 38

These drivers are for the motherboard and a driver disc might be obtained from the computer dealer you purchased the computer from (may charge you a tiny fee for the disc) or download from your motherboard's manufacturers website. The drivers are responsible for devices relating to internet connection and any USB devices that are connected to your PC (printers (possibly), memory cards etc).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.