TechSpot

No spyware Weather program for taskbar?

By poertner_1274
Dec 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know of a good weather monitoring program that runs in the taskbar that isn't full of spyware like WeatherBug?
  2. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

Not sure if you are running FireFox or not but if so they have an extension that does this...very unobtrusive.

patio. :cool:
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,745

:( I like Opera better, I know about forecastfox though. Thanks Patio
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Try this one for Opera:

http://www.zyrorl.com/weather_sidebar.php?postcode=????
    Make a new page, then paste this address into the address bar, but at the end enter your postcode where the ???? are.

When the page opens with your weather, bookmark page using your own title, BUT, you must check the "show in panel" box.
    Now you have your local weather on the panel.
  5. poertner_1274

I tried that as well, but for some reason it only gives me weather in Australia. It only gives me radar of all of Australia. I think it's an AU thing only.

http://www.zyrorl.com/weather_sidebar.php?postcode=63040
    If you input 2000 you get radar for Sydney.

Thanks for the look though.

I've read a little bit about weather1, has anyone tried that? www.weather1.com
  6. poertner_1274

I decided to go with Weather Pulse. It appears to be working very nice so far. My only complaint is that the radar map is too big. I can't get a more local radar image. But I'm still working on that. Otherwise it's a nice app.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.