No taskbar, no copy/paste, no installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the problems.
--> I have no taskbar.
--> I have no copy/paste functionality, in any program.
--> Some of the programs recommended in the how-to post would not install. See the steps below.
--> Windows login is very slow. User screen comes up, I type in my password, and the computer seems to "freeze" for 30-45 seconds until I get my desktop. It has never done this before.

I'll attach all my logs. Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance!

Step 1 : Done.
Step 2 : Done.
Step 3 : Done.
Step 4 : Done.
Step 5 : Done.
Step 6 : Done.
Step 7 : Could not install. Got to the confirm/install page, click "Install", and recieve the following message:
"Error Sending Request : A connection with the server could not be established."
Step 8 : Could not install. Double-clicked the "aaw2007" icon, recieve message that :
"The installer is not available."
Step 9 : Done.
Step 10 : Installed and ran SmitFraud, no problems.
Installed and ran Virtumundobegone, no problems.
Downloaded VundoFix, clicked icon, received the following :
"Runtime Error '-2147023174 (800706ba)':
System Error &H800706BA (-2147023174). The RPC server is unavailable."
Step 11 : Done. No rootkits found.
Step 12 : Done.
Step 13 : Done.
Step 14 : Can't run, either program will not install.
Step 15 : Done.

Update, anyone have any ideas?

Some more problems...
--> A startup application for TomTom gives a C++ Runtime error every time I start up the computer.
--> No media files will open, including .wmv, .mov, .mp3, .jpg, and others.
--> Firefox will not connect to the internet when I doubleclick the icon. It will only connect when I try to open a media file using Firefox. Then I can connect.
--> No games will start.

That's all I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas or helpful advice? I'd really not prefer to format this drive.

Thanks for your help!

I do not review the hijackthis logs for malware. But I can tell you this:

Do you see all the processes prefaced by '04'? Well, ALL of these processes automatically load from the Registry or the Startup list every time you boot the computer. I counted 35- that's way over too many! Do you actually use or need those programs? Do you need them loading and starting up?

The only programs you need to start when you boot are: antivirus program, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network process if there is a network. You can help yourself by stopping everything except those processes:

Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without the quotes> enter> Selective Startup> Statup tab> UNCHECK everything except the programs mentioned above> Apply> OK.

Reboot. Close the nag message that comes up after checking 'don't show this message again.'

All other programs can be called up when you need them, then closed when you're through.

Do you use or need ALL those TIVO processes?
Take everything except the AV program OFF of automatic checking for updates.
Get rid of the GoogleAccelerator. It's an invasion of your privacy.
The Imaging processes do NOT need to start at boot.

Examine you need for this:
wmpnscfg.exe is a process associated with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration
(C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe"

That will start you off.

In response to Bobbye...

Bobbye said:
I do not review the hijackthis logs for malware. But I can tell you this:

Do you see all the processes prefaced by '04'? Well, ALL of these processes automatically load from the Registry or the Startup list every time you boot the computer. I counted 35- that's way over too many! Do you actually use or need those programs? Do you need them loading and starting up?

The only programs you need to start when you boot are: antivirus program, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network process if there is a network. You can help yourself by stopping everything except those processes:

Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without the quotes> enter> Selective Startup> Statup tab> UNCHECK everything except the programs mentioned above> Apply> OK.

Reboot. Close the nag message that comes up after checking 'don't show this message again.'

All other programs can be called up when you need them, then closed when you're through.

Do you use or need ALL those TIVO processes?
Take everything except the AV program OFF of automatic checking for updates.
Get rid of the GoogleAccelerator. It's an invasion of your privacy.
The Imaging processes do NOT need to start at boot.

Examine you need for this:
wmpnscfg.exe is a process associated with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration
(C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe"

That will start you off.
Thanks for the reply. I do use most of the processes, but I went ahead and unchecked most of the "04" processes. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

Again, thanks for the reply. Anyone else have any ideas? Anything at all is great!

all of your AVG findings say "No action taken"

AVG AntiSpyware
  • Launch AVG AntiSpyware
  • Click on the Update Icon at the top, then click Start Update in the left pane
  • After the update click on the Scanner Icon at the top, then select the settings tab, in the first section "How to act?" click on recommended actions and change it to delete.In the reports section make sure it is set to Automatically generate report after every scan
  • Click back to the Scan tab and select Complete System Scan
  • Finally, after the scan, select the Infections Icon at the top, click Select All at the bottom then Remove finally also at the bottom

Post fresh logs afterwards

"I do use most of the processes, but I went ahead and unchecked most of the "04" processes. Unfortunately, it didn't help."

Using them and having them startup at boot and run in the background are two different things. They can be called up when you need them.

You should also consider stopping the other processes I recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back