no usb hdd is appear in my computer/ explorer

By devendra_gkpin
Oct 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello
    i m devendra i m facing a problem is that , i have 40 GB usb hdd . if i connected to usb port.i view a message is that "found new hardware" come on screen, after couple of second on another message display on screen "New hardware ready to use" after completing all process of detection . when i open my computer /explorer usb hdd volume is not appear in my computer please guide me how to resolve my problem. plz reply as soon as possible
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

go to start>run and type in diskmgmt.msc. If the hdd is installed properly, it should come up in there, and all you need to do is right click it and assign a letter to it..

if it doesn't appear, then there may be other drives/partition/network drive taking the letter, which you'll need to change, then reboot the pc before you can give it a letter
  3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

If it's a brand new hard disk, it may need to be partitioned and formatted via disk management too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.