No Video after driver update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just loaded Forceware 169.9 Beta from Nvidia on to my new system. After the software loaded, it called for a re-start. When the computer came back up, I have no video signal. System is a dell Precision 690 running XP Pro X64. I cant get it to start in VGA mode, use last known working config, or even get a dell icon on the screen. It shows no video at all. I've tried F8 on post, but no luck. System has 2) Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 cards, and neither of them will output to the monitor. System was working fine before driver swap. Any ideas on how to get in to the computer and roll back the driver?

I have had the same problem on my nVidia 8600GT card. It is a bug in the releases after 163 that has been much discussed with many 'possible solutions' although none worked for me.

The most obvious thing was stopping mine from working. I have 3 outputs on my card - VGA, DVI and S-Video. After installing 169 release, the card defaulted to outputting through S-Video. I had to plug my TV in to the S-Video port so that I could get to the nVidia control panel and change the output settings. In short, try all of the outputs on the card, not just VGA!

Hope this helps.

You can't boot into safe mode and delete the driver? Then restart and use the default driver? Then apply one that actually works properly?

Heep hitting F8 after post. It's not a one time thing

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back