No video after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first off the list of what i have on my computer K9A2 Platinum with a n9800gt video cardpowered by a logisys 550w. All of which is brand new. i plugged it all in. everything powers on all fans spin all lights turn on but no video not even a little bit. do i need the pci express power connector?

if there is a power connector in the graphics card you should connect it...
have you checked that the mobo supports the processor, it happend to me once that i orderd a mobo, processor, ram and everything from a store and the said that all the parts would work just fine together but when i built the computer all the lights went on but nothing in the display...the mobo didn't support the cpu....

Im pretty sure thay are compatible. i mean everything works all the lights come on everything spins up nice no error beeps. i just have no video i tried my ram in all the slots. i tripple checked wiring. i just wondering with it being a new board if you have to have the 6 pin power adapter for it. it was my understanding that it pulled its power from the motherboard.but with it requireing so many watts was just thinking i need to go buy that 6 pin adapter or if i need to go buy a new power supply.

Im pretty sure thay are compatible. i mean everything works all the lights come on everything spins up nice no error beeps. i just have no video i tried my ram in all the slots. i tripple checked wiring. i just wondering with it being a new board if you have to have the 6 pin power adapter for it. it was my understanding that it pulled its power from the motherboard.but with it requireing so many watts was just thinking i need to go buy that 6 pin adapter or if i need to go buy a new power supply.

Ok i went in traded my power supply for one with a 6 pin plug 575w logisys still no video. my MB is compatible with my cpu i checked. im running out of ideas please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back