No video after upgrade

By drewsypoosy
Mar 4, 2009
  1. Ok first off the list of what i have on my computer K9A2 Platinum with a n9800gt video cardpowered by a logisys 550w. All of which is brand new. i plugged it all in. everything powers on all fans spin all lights turn on but no video not even a little bit. do i need the pci express power connector?
  2. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Posts: 536   +21

if there is a power connector in the graphics card you should connect it...
    have you checked that the mobo supports the processor, it happend to me once that i orderd a mobo, processor, ram and everything from a store and the said that all the parts would work just fine together but when i built the computer all the lights went on but nothing in the display...the mobo didn't support the cpu....
  3. drewsypoosy

drewsypoosy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Im pretty sure thay are compatible. i mean everything works all the lights come on everything spins up nice no error beeps. i just have no video i tried my ram in all the slots. i tripple checked wiring. i just wondering with it being a new board if you have to have the 6 pin power adapter for it. it was my understanding that it pulled its power from the motherboard.but with it requireing so many watts was just thinking i need to go buy that 6 pin adapter or if i need to go buy a new power supply.
  4. drewsypoosy

drewsypoosy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok i went in traded my power supply for one with a 6 pin plug 575w logisys still no video. my MB is compatible with my cpu i checked. im running out of ideas please help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.