No video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinm29

I dont see a video card when I opened up my comp to upgrade it I saw a pink block. ?!?!?!?!?! Will I be able to upgrade my video card.

Need computer specs

Kevin,
Being pretty new to computer building, I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but I'm sure that if you listed some more information about your computer somebody else could. It sounds like you have an integrated video card, but depending on your computer you may be able to add on a card. What kind of computer is it? How old?

John

We need your system specs. Particularly what mobo you have.

Click on the first link in my signature, for a list of what we need to know.

Regards Howard :)

System specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Intel(R)Celeron(R) 2.7 GHZ
504 memory ram

Video specs :
Intel(R)828485G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller

Chip type: Intel(R)828385G
DAC type: Internal

Property Value
Manufacturer: First International Computer, Inc.

Property Value
Model : VC37GV

Property Value
Version: PCB 2.XX

Property Value
CPU: Intel Celeron

Property Value
CPU socket: Socket 478

Property Value
Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket

Property Value
Max CPU speed: 3060 MHz

You probably can upgrade it to an AGP, I had a motherboard before with that same graphics chip and it had an AGP 4X slot. Look inside ur comp for a slot that is furthur back than the pci slots and is usually brown. It might not be brown though so don't let that limit ur search.

Your system information shows you have an FIC VC37GV mainboard, which unfortunately, has no AGP or PCI-E slot.

You're limited to only a PCI videocard, from which only two rather obsolete/lower performing options really exist:
Radeon 9200 series
Geforce FX series.

You can pick up an FX5200/5500 PCI or a Radeon 9200/9250 PCI. These will be loads better than the internal/integrated video, but sadly not very much up to today's standards if you wish to play modern games with more than low/medium settings.

k I bough 5500 now my problem is how do I uninstall old video card to install new one on the box it says I have to uninstall it

Go to your control panel, add remove programmes, and uninstall your current onboard video software. Now go into device manager, and right click on your onboard videocard, and select uninstall.

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Once your computer has rebooted, shut it down. Once it`s shut down, disconnect it from the mains, and open your case. Insert the new videocard into it`s slot. Unplug your monitor from the onboard videocard, and plug it into your new card.

Start your computer, and go into your bios. Make sure everything is configured correctly for your new card. Save and exit bios.

When your computer has loaded Windows, cancel the found new hardware wizard, and install the drivers for your new card.

Right click my computer, and select manage, then device manager.

Click on the small + sign next to display adapters. Right click on your onboard videocard, and select uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back