No video in windows.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

I did a system restore, because i had too muchstuff on my computer. I had like 3gb free, and i had too little space to defragment, and i didnt use very much pf it. So, i did a system restore, then it started fine, i installed the video drivers for my new X1300 PCI ;) , and then there wasnt the windows bar at the bottom of the screen, then i restarted, forgetting to UNINSTALL the integrated drivers. So now i cant get video from my integrated or X1300. By the way, the X1300 is working great guys, havent taken the time to OC it yet though :(. I am running from Knoppix Live DvD, with 3GB worth of apps, and all the eye candy of windows but on linux, so im not in much of a rush to figure the problem out, but im missing counter strike :(.

Boot into safe mode and remove all your graphics drivers from control panel - system - device manager. then reboot into normal mode and reinstall your graphics driver. If that doesn't help then let me know, there are a couple more things to try.

I thought that, but i cannot access the start menu. And i dont know how to go into safe mode if i dont have video. I do get video if i change PCI slot, but i need to know how to get to the control panel without a start menu. Thanks. I tried ending explorer.exe process, and re-starting it. Still no dice.

To get to control panel, go to task manager, go file->run and type in explorer. It should open windows explorer.
kitty500cat

So, it's sitting at a desktop with no start menu? Or is it on the integrated?

If so, why not just move the monitor cable to the integrated to go into the device manager or desktop properties?

It sounds to me like the 1300 is coming up as a secondary display and the integrated is primary (the one with the start menu/task bar). So you should be able to just shuffle the cable, flip primary -> secondary, then shuffle the cable again to then disable totally in the device manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back