No video on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn on my computer I get no video.

SiS 964L Motherboard
640MB SD RAM (1x512+1x128)
400W PS

That's basically it. I'm using on-board video, this is just an extra computer I use for recording guitar/keyboard tracks.

Area I live in has power issues, we have a battery backup for our newest computer but didn't feel like we needed it on the extra one (now we know), I just went through a power supply so I just bought a new one, brought it home and the computer turned on, fans started, hard drive was working, lights flashing, etc. NO VIDEO. I tried everything I could think of so today I stopped by a local computer guy and he gave me an extra video card he had laying around. Tried that, nothing. Tried taking the memory out and putting them in, in every order, one at a time, etc.

Tried two monitors that both worked on other computers, both didn't work. Tried clearing the CMOS (both taking the battery out and moving the jumper).

Not as big into computers as I used to be so I kind of lost my knowledge, losing my patience with this computer so any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Kris

Tried clearing the CMOS (both taking the battery out and moving the jumper).

Hes already done that Tmagic650 lol.

Take both ram out and you should get a series of beeps. If not then your motherboard is probably fried.

Regards Jase

Jagster said:
When I turn on my computer I get no video.

SiS 964L Motherboard
640MB SD RAM (1x512+1x128)
400W PS

That's basically it. I'm using on-board video, this is just an extra computer I use for recording guitar/keyboard tracks.

Area I live in has power issues, we have a battery backup for our newest computer but didn't feel like we needed it on the extra one (now we know), I just went through a power supply so I just bought a new one, brought it home and the computer turned on, fans started, hard drive was working, lights flashing, etc. NO VIDEO. I tried everything I could think of so today I stopped by a local computer guy and he gave me an extra video card he had laying around. Tried that, nothing. Tried taking the memory out and putting them in, in every order, one at a time, etc.

Tried two monitors that both worked on other computers, both didn't work. Tried clearing the CMOS (both taking the battery out and moving the jumper).

Not as big into computers as I used to be so I kind of lost my knowledge, losing my patience with this computer so any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Kris

Buy another video card and use that instead of the one on the MOBO..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back