No video output, power and fans working, possible ram damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Computer Specs
Shuttle SK41G
Athlon 2100+
Windows XP
512- 1 gig ram
Old Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce2 (Chaintech MX400)
New Graphics card: Radeo 9700 pro 128mb
Western Digital 80gig harddrive
CDRW/DVDRom and floppy drive

You help is much appreciated with the following.

I have a shuttle SK41G. I recently decided to upgrade the graphics card to a radeon 2700 pro and upgrade to 1gig of ram. Installation went fine and and it worked ok, although graphics card crashed several times. So I decided to put the old features back in the shuttle and build an entirely new computer. Unfortunately my plan to sell my shuttle has hit a snag - or more precisely a blank screen.

This morning I took out the Radeon 2700 and the two sticks of 512 ram and replaced them with the old graphics card (geforce2) and two sticks of 256 ram. Turned on the computer, everything whirred away as normal, but there was no video output.

Then I realised I had put the ram in the wrong way (it was tough, but I managed to do it!) So I changed this around, but still nothing. I then hooked up the screen to the on board video output. Nothing. Then I reset CMOS. Nothing. Then I took out everything and put in one of the new sticks of ram. You guessed it: nothing. None of the combinations of reseting seemed to work. :confused:

So what have I done, and how do I fix it? Have I permanately damaged the ram sockets?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

jhm

The 2700 from ATI? Those brand new cards that I just heard about a week ago? Jees I thought those things were still in the shops, my guess is the card but you never know.

hi, thanks for answering. Sorry I was wrong about the graphics card - I meant the 9700 pro.
At the moment though, I've taken out all graphics cards and am still getting no signal from the on board video out either. thanks for your advice.

Well, trying using only 1 stick of ram, instead of both the sticks. Also might wanna pop those old ram in, basically you wanna keep the new parts in there, but fool around with them too see if it is any of the new parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back