No video signal to monitor

a4007035

Hi

I was recently having some problems with my pc randomly shutting down particularly when running high memory usage programs. If I turned it back on immediately after shutdown it would shutdown pretty much on starting windows - I would have to wait a good few hours before I could use it again properly.

I therefore opened up my computer to check that all the fans were working. No problem there. I then thought that the fans may be inhibited by dust. So I removed the CPU and removed any dust that was blocking the fan. I also did this for both of my GPUs.

I have now fitted everything back together and I went to boot up my pc but for some reason the monior isn't receiving a signal from the gpu. It's definitely not a problem with the monitor as ive plugged this into other pcs/laptops and it works fine. The fans on both GPUs are spinning indicating that these are fitted properly. Ive tried just using the one gpu thinking that one may be malfunctioning and also tried to alternate the gpu slots but still no luck. Monitor won't pick up signal.

I'm using 2x 7600GT gpu. And my psu is an arctic 600

No, as long as the PC seems like it is booting there's no need to re-apply any thermal paste. You didn't apply too much did you?

Back