No video when i boot up my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I formatted my harddrive then installed a fresh Windows XP home edition. due to a virus on my pc. now my pc is up an running, but some times i get no video after turning the pc ON. sometimes i have to perform several hard shut-down then turn it ON to get video. before the fresh installed of windows XP i had no video issue.
i updated my monitor drivers.

this is happening every onces in a while. i just dont like doing hardshut downs to get video.
Thank you in advance!

Monitors don't need drivers, but motherboard video does need drivers. Are you running on-board video or are you using a separate video card?

sorry i meant to say I updated my (plug and play monitor) from device manager. i guess it did not do anything? not sure.
i am running on-board video card. I haven't modified nothing inside my pc. Do i need to update motherboard video? if so i how?
FYI: I am typing from my pc i have not experienced any video issues for the past 3 days( what a mericle :)

Well if the issue comes up again, we can get the video drivers from the motherboard or the computer make and model info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back