No video

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a k7N2 Delta
MSI
AMD athlon
9550 ati Radeon agp
also 7500 ati
any way switch cards (done many times before)
boots up but no video ( i even tried switching back many times)
I've tested video cards on other server and works fine.
so does monitor
what's odd is it boots up and logs into windows ( i can hear the windows theme song)
also i have a D-Brackets witch also indicates that the system boots fine
cablse are fine.
i know the video cards work fine i've tested on other computer, including the monitor
300W PSU
gwayne809@msn.com

You can't just switch cards, you'd need to uninstall/install the correct drivers too. Make sure you have the newest drivers installed, and that you have uninstalled the old drivers. I'm guessing you want to use the 7500, 'cause it's a bit better. If you have something lower than a 300w psu for that card I'd say that'd cause problems too. And, like Tedster said check the card is seated properly and the cable to the monitor is connected properly too.

Do you have onboard graphics on the motherboard the cards won't work on?
If you do, this needs to be disabled. If not then it's either a driver problem with the mobo or the cards or your psu doesn't have enough power, so let's eliminate that. Can you give us the amps on the 12v rail (this info is on your psu's sticker) I really don't think you should be having this problem, the cards you're trying to run aren't the most demanding, but if the amps on the 12v rail are less than 12 then I'd say that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back