No View

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a used intel pentium 4 1.6ghz on my old motherboard ( Elitegroup ECS P4S5A ). I also installed used sd ram kingston 128mb. I have also installed a used cd-rom MAT****A and a seagate 4GB. I connected everything wearing my anti-static. But when i press the button of my computer nothing appers to the screen. I have used 2 different graphic cards but still there is no view!! I want to add that my cpu fan has no clip on the opposite side. What is the faullt ? Any help appreciated :D

no the psu starts and the cpu fan works but no view. Also the cd-rom lights. I can see though the power supply's fan not working. Any further suggestions ? Thnxs

What processor were you using before? As far as I know, all P4 processors require the extra 1.4 (or whatever) volt plugin on the motherboard. Your motherboard may not have this if it's old and your power supply may not even have the plug for it. It's a 4 hole square plug.

Ok I will remove everything and try it outside the case. No the motherboard i used i had installed it 2 years ago, and from the upgrades i made to my computer, some parts remained so i decided to reinstall them just as they were before. The P4 cpu was working properly on my motherboard.

Too bad it's an MSI/ABIT board cuz they have LED lights for troubleshooting. Hook it up with a speaker. Troubleshoot the beep code. See your mobo manual.

There is no beep sound at all. I suspect the cpu fan is the problem. Because it does not fit well as the one clip is not available, also i think that the pc reset after a while because when i open the cd rom after a while it closes. Could it be that the cpu is overheated and to prevent it from damage it restarts by its own and there is no view ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back