TechSpot

no volume control

By shelica
Mar 27, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need help with my volume control speakers are brand new but i cant control my volume comp. says "no actine mixer devices avail" no audio device my shadow volume is stopped how do i get it running? :
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Looks like you are missing drivers for your sound card. Did it work before?
  3. shelica

shelica TS Rookie Topic Starter

found the problem still need help

:rolleyes:the wizard said i have no audio device,how do i retrive one?can you help! :wave:
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

I you found a place to plug the speakers in, then you should have an audio device, you are just missing the drivers.

Look in Windows Device Manager - do you see any yellow question marks there?

What kind of speakers are they?
  5. shelica

found two yellow question marks

the name of my speakers are kinyo multi media 3d.how do i take care of this driver problem how do i know if there other programs running
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

also ensure your output is digital or analog depending upon the type of speakers you have. Most are analog and windows defaults to analog. I have digital speakers and you won't hear sound with digital speakers if your output setting is analog.
  7. shelica

i still need you

:haha: how do i check the output to see not quite a comp. wiz.do you know if my speakers are digital or not i control th volume by hand dont seem to be digital :slurp: my farts smell like cake
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.