No windows boot after disabling vgasave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

I just got my RMA'd x800 pro back and i was using some old crappy ati mach64 video card with some old diamond viper drivers. It was fine...i completely uninstalled the video card (from device manager) and it was fine. I put the new video card in and booted it up...i tried to install the catalyst drivers but it said it couldnt and maybe i needed some standard vga drivers...windows couldnt find any so without knowing i just disabled the "VgaSave" thing which was under driver properties and rebooted. Now after the windows loading bar goes across it doesnt boot to windows. it just goes black after the "Windows XP" and little thing goes across a little bar as usual but then im expecting a light blue screen with the users name's to come up but nopoe...just stays black...WHAT SHOULD I DO...i cant even back up my files and reformat like this!

I went into recovery console of windows xp and typed enable vgasave SERVICE_SYSTEM_START and it says that it's already set to that...obviously it isnt...what do i do now? please dont ignore this post...im in a huge problem here...

What is "VGASave", I don't know.
Is that supposed to be the XP Safe Mode (pressing F8 after POST)?
Can't imagine you can turn that off in any driver properties.
Because if it's not, you should just go in Safe Mode and change the video driver to "Standard VGA", get out again and it should boot up no problem the next time.

Ive actually fixed the problem...i had to go into windows recovery console using the windows boot disk and type in a command to enable vgasave once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back