TechSpot

No wireless signal from router

By clarkey2r
Jan 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I have a D-Link DSL G604T, i cant seem to pick up a wireless signal! I have had the router about a year maybe more! All the settings seem to be correct! I have tried 3 different laptops and a phone, nothing seems to find it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Clarkey
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

is the router's wireless feature turned on? if it is, is SSID broadcast on?
  3. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

Well at first I would say that the router is shafted, but then I reconsidered and asked myself, is the wireless side of things turned on, I have a Belkin Wireless Router and can turn off the WiFi should I not have a need for it.

Go into the config for the router and just check all is as it should be, dont forget you will need to set the router to broadcast its SSID, if not then then it wont be discoverable by some devices, the way it works is, if the SSID is hidden then the only way to connect to it is to setup a profile on the WiFi NIC that points to the Routers SSID, else the device wont see it, its a kind of extra security, some WiFi NICs will see the connection with a blank where the SSID should be, dependant on the Hardware.

Regards

(sorry Zep I was typing as you were)
  4. clarkey2r

clarkey2r TS Rookie Topic Starter

All the setting were correct (i think) and wireless was turned on!

I changed the Channel number to 1 instead of 6 and now it works!!

Thanks all for the help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.