TechSpot

Noctua at Computex 2014: Prototype coolers, active noise-cancelling and more

By Scorpus
Jun 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I dropped by Noctua's booth at Computex 2014, where they had a range of prototype and upcoming coolers on show, as well as some very cool demonstrations of noise reduction technology.

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

It's about time they threw their hat into the ring as far as AIO's are concerned. As wonderful as their coolers are, thousands of people are switching to AIO's, they're losing out. They may eventually become a niche product.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  3. It is about time that they did fans with fur on them. They should do cases fur on them as well.

4. rpjkw11

rpjkw11 TS Member Posts: 18

I must be blind, but I saw no mention of AIO's in the article. I agree, however, Noctua might be losing possible sales to those folks buying AIOs. I'm not one of them, nor will I be, as long as my temps are well and good using air. I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law that states what CAN happen, WILL happen. Thus, water, not matter how well designed the container system, has no place inside my computers. BUT, if anyone can produce a watercooling system that's 99% worry free, Noctua can.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

I made the same mistake reading and looking for mention of AIO. Then I realized @Skidmarksdeluxe was simply wishing Noctua would put out an AIO cooler.

6. I wish I knew what AIO meant.

All these people keep using these tech savvy abbreviations, just so that they can look good, when they probably don't know what they are talking about really.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

All-In-One referring to the closed loop water-cooler, coolers such as the H100.

Here is a topic with both terms together, "Closed Loop AIO Liquid Coolers".

8. Scorpus

Scorpus TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 1,828   +188

Noctua is more concerned about bringing out the best fans for AIO radiators than making AIOs themselves

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

A furry fan... and how will that look and work after dusts collects on the blades after a while?

10. Gadgety1

Gadgety1 TS Rookie

"But the most exciting product Noctua had on show at Computex is the world's first CPU cooler with active noise cancelation (ANC). "

Last year at Computex Noctua showed the ANC. It wasn't quite ready then, either. They were also showing, according to the press kit "upcoming 80, 90 and 200mm A-series fans." That 200mm fan is really what I've been waiting for. I know Noctua's policy is not to release poor products, but if they have abandoned the 200m, I think they at least could have courtest to let consumers as much.

11. Scorpus

Scorpus TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 1,828   +188

I saw the 200mm A-series fan and they told me it would be released in the next few months