TechSpot

Nokia announces 6-inch Lumia 1520, Lumia 1320, and Instagram for Windows Phone

By Scorpus
Oct 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At Nokia World 2013 in Abu Dhabi, Nokia has finally announced the Lumia 1520, a new six-inch device from the company and the first Windows Phone with a 1920 x 1080 display. Out of the box it comes loaded with...

Read more
  2. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 276   +29

How I miss nokia's colorfull cases... as always love the black & yellow color scheme.
    spectrenad likes this.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

Good riddance, at last they added microsd slot to a higher end Lumia. Making my choice easier, Note 3 (N9005) order cancelled :D. I am getting a 1520 instead (I.e. when it becomes available).

Edit:
    By the way, it was also announced that finally Flipboard is also coming to WP pretty soon.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,030   +738

Yeah. Their colour schemes appeal to me as well.
  5. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Enthusiast Posts: 217   +46

I hope these bigger devices are as durable as my 920, which my children have dropped several times with almost no scratch. Even though they did make a video hammering nails with 920's screen (I didn't try that), I think Nokia needs to sell that point a bit harder. The durability alone might keep me as a customer in the future.
    spectrenad likes this.
  6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

Nokia, very clever with the time in that photo ;)

I'm blown away by the 1520's display because my 22" monitor doesn't even have that kind of resolution.

I'd seriously consider this phone, but I'd first want to know how easy the transition from Android to Windows is.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

9Nails
    I am using Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300) as my daily drivers for a long while now. When I switched from WinMo to android, it was a mess and took me a while to get used to it.TBH it is still bit messy for a novice user, but a lot better now.

However, when I purchased first WP phone, it roughly took about 10 +/- minutes for me to know where most of the stuff is. So, there you go, I'd suggest you to go out and try one and see what happens.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.