TechSpot

Nokia announces the PureView-packing Lumia 830, selfie-centric Lumia 730

By Scorpus
Sep 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. At IFA 2014, Nokia has announced a couple of new handsets as part of their #MoreLumia press conference. The first, the Lumia 830, is being marketed as Nokia's affordable flagship, packing upper mid-range specs into a compact and typical Nokia design.

Read more

2. Girus

Girus TS Rookie

If by "taking awesome selfies" you mean taking the worst selfies ever, then I would have to agree.

When will these stupid cell phone makers realize that wide angle front facing cameras are the worst thing to happen to selfies?! It warps your face and everything on the outside.

Whenever I take a picture with my S5, I look either like an alien or my body is that of a balloon. And trust me. I'm naturally skinny. SO SO stupid.

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,684   +1,877

An undistorted full frame head shot requires at least a focal length 1.6X the sensor's diagonal measurement.

So what you really "need", are smaller sensors, and longer lenses. But then you'd have to also grow people with longer arms.

I'm kind of hoping that the selfie trend would die out. Really, who needs to see something like Dame Judi Dench without make up.

But, beings as, "on the 6th day God created man in his own image", I surmise that the unrepentant onslaught of horrifically bad self portraiture will continue, fester, and spawn.